Ares Automating Reserves
Manage your electronic reserves with the ares software. The Ares system is designed to automate library reserve services and provide fast effective use for faculty, students and reserve staff. Ares provides around-the-clock access to your reserves collection and saves time for your faculty staff members and library staff.
Ares Web for Instructors
- Reserve staff can pre-select the types of file formats that instructors can upload. Instructors can also create documents from within the web interface and then edit them over a period of time.
- Reserve Access Control: Access to reserve materials may be limited by either an instructor or by a list of registered users.
Ares Web for Students
- Students can search reserve materials by department, course number, class code, institution, or item information.
- Personal information can be reviewed and updated at any time.
Ares Client for Reserve Staff
- Reserve staff have full access to create and edit classes, as well as post and remove reserve items.
- Reserve staff can track the number of times an item on reserve has been viewed and by which users.
MCLS offers a 10% discount to all member libraries for an annual subscription to Ares software. More information on Ares Automating Reserves Ares Order Form
Aeon is the newest product from Atlas Systems, creators of the industry leading ILL management software OCLC ILLiad. The Aeon Special Collections Management software was developed in consultation with the Albert and Shirley Small Special Collections Library at the University of Virginia.
- Customizable web based request management for special collections customers, including OpenURL linking from ILS systems and EAD guides.
- Customizable automated circulation management for special collection items. Enhanced security as you track your special collection items through the entire process from being pulled for the customer, delivered to/returned by your customer, and then returned to the shelf.
- Increased authentication and data control. You determine what data is collected from customers for authentication and also control how long circulation records are stored.
See the Atlas Systems license agreement
Learn more at: http://www.atlas-sys.com/products/aeon